Step 1) Materials you'll need
- 3 volt or 6 volt battery holder
- Hobby motor, single or double output
- Electrical tape
- Materials for the body of your project
- Pencil and paper to brainstorm on
I have been buying these supplies in bulk so my students can all have access. Teachers can purchase sets for their classrooms and share in the bulk prices.
Ideas to customize this project - make yours unique
- Don’t just make a car! The motor can set up sideways, facing down, or vertical.
- Wheels do not HAVE to be round
- The motor can pull on a string
- You can make something move up and down using a motor like this
- Not all cars have four wheels (that are the same size)